17 Jul 14
The WRU's Women and Girls legacy events - #TRY OUR GAME have proved popular this week with current players and newcomers to the game learning new skills and picking up tips from national squad players.
Are you female, interested in rugby, want to get fit, have fun and meet new friends?
Then why not come along to one of our taster sessions where you will be able to #tryourgame!
The WRU is working with the IRB to increase the number of women and girls playing rugby to link with the Women's Rugby World Cup which is taking place in France in August 2014.
To support the development of women and girls into rugby, transition sessions for women and girls aged over 14 years have been organised at each of the 5 touch rugby locations across Wales. These sessions will take place in mid- July at the following locations/dates
• Caerphilly Centre of Sporting Excellence, Ystrad Mynach Tuesday 15th July 18:00-20:00
• Llandaff North RFC Thursday 17th July 18:00-20:00
• Swansea Uni Wednesday 16th July 18:00-20:00
• Ammanford RFC Wednesday 16th July 18:00-20:00
• Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay Friday 11th July 18:00-20:00
The theme of the sessions will be fun and enjoyment! Women and girls attending will try out rugby skills, undertake some training and take part in a touch session.
To register for one of these events please fill in the form below.
If you would like to find out more about women's and girls teams in your area or would like to discuss the taster sessions further please contact the relevant person below assigned to your region.
• Caerphilly Ystrad Mynach / Dragons contact Pat James firstname.lastname@example.org / 07531564932
• Llandaff North RFC / Blues contact Liam Scott email@example.com or Stuart Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org
• Swansea / Ospreys region contact Michael Dyer on 07584488259 / email@example.com or Tom Sloane firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ammanford / Scarlets contact Daryl Morgan on 07971162403
• Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay / North Wales contact Allan James on email@example.com