22 Jul 14
Mini rugby has been given a boost in Oakdale after the local club received over £800 in grant funds from Sport Wales.
Are you female, interested in rugby, want to get fit, have fun and meet new friends?
Then why not come along to one of our taster sessions where you will be able to #tryourgame!
The WRU is working with the IRB to increase the number of women and girls playing rugby to link with the Women's Rugby World Cup which is taking place in France in August 2014.
To support the development of women and girls into rugby, transition sessions for women and girls aged over 14 years have been organised at each of the 5 touch rugby locations across Wales. These sessions will take place in mid- July at the following locations/dates
• Caerphilly Centre of Sporting Excellence, Ystrad Mynach Tuesday 15th July 18:00-20:00
• Llandaff North RFC Thursday 17th July 18:00-20:00
• Swansea Uni Wednesday 16th July 18:00-20:00
• Ammanford RFC Wednesday 16th July 18:00-20:00
• Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay Friday 11th July 18:00-20:00
The theme of the sessions will be fun and enjoyment! Women and girls attending will try out rugby skills, undertake some training and take part in a touch session.
To register for one of these events please fill in the form below.
If you would like to find out more about women's and girls teams in your area or would like to discuss the taster sessions further please contact the relevant person below assigned to your region.
• Caerphilly Ystrad Mynach / Dragons contact Pat James email@example.com / 07531564932
• Llandaff North RFC / Blues contact Liam Scott firstname.lastname@example.org or Stuart Clarke email@example.com
• Swansea / Ospreys region contact Michael Dyer on 07584488259 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Tom Sloane email@example.com
• Ammanford / Scarlets contact Daryl Morgan on 07971162403
• Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay / North Wales contact Allan James on firstname.lastname@example.org