Aaron Jarvis hopes to be back for pre-season after an injury lay-off.
Tight head prop Aaron Jarvis has signed a new three-year contract, penning a deal that keeps him at the Liberty Stadium until the summer of 2016.
Jarvis signed for the Ospreys two years ago from Bath, making his Ospreys debut off the bench in a 26-19 win over Edinburgh at the Liberty at the start of last season. His first start for the region came two weeks later, when the Ospreys defeated Ulster 32-14, and he has since established himself as a key member of the squad with 32 appearances to date.
"This is what I really wanted," said Jarvis immediately after signing his new deal. "I'm happy living in the area, the family have settled down here, and I've really developed as a player over the last two seasons since coming here. I'm really, really happy to have signed for another three years.
"I owe a lot to the coaching staff here who have really helped me develop. It's an excellent environment for front row players to thrive and I've benefited from being a part of that. Having a new contract means I can repay them for their faith in me since I came to the Ospreys."
Although born in Exeter, Jarvis is Welsh qualified through a grandmother from Merthyr, and his impressive regional form saw him selected as part of the Wales squad for last November's autumn series. He gained three caps during the series before sustaining a knee ligament injury in the opening minutes of the New Zealand test match, which has ruled him out for the season.
"It's a shame that I'm not involved in the squad at the moment because of injury but I'm targeting being back for pre-season," Jarvis continued.
"I'm just taking each day as it comes at the moment but if everything continues to go smoothly and well then hopefully I'll be raring to go again for the start of the new season."
Forwards coach Robyn McBryde says tomorrow's RBS 6 Nations clash against Italy gives Wales an opportunity to finish second in the tournament after having the wind knocked from their sails last week against England.
Wales head coach Warren Gatland tells WRU TV that his selection for the final clash of the RBS 6 Nations against Italy is an opportunity for some players to redeem themselves after Saturday's loss to England
Wales head coach Warren Gatland is expecting 'one heck of a game' when his side tackle England at Twickenham on Saturday in the RBS 6 Nations. He believes whoever wins the game, could go on to win the championship.
Wales head coach Warren Gatland sticks to an experienced side to face England at Twickenham on Saturday where he says his side are approaching the RBS 6 Nations clash as a 'final' - if they win against the red rose brigade on Saturday then they are in the driving seat for the Six Nations title.
Wales speedster Luke Morgan has bounced back from injury and burst through the 50-try barrier for Wales on the Sevens World Series. This weekend in Las Vegas he is hoping to inch near the all-time Welsh record held by Tal Selley.
The WRU has enlisted some of the biggest names in the game to launch the next phase of its Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme for community coaches at all levels - just like this one hosted by Duncan Jones.
Wales scrum half Rhys Webb scored twice as the Ospreys came from behind to keep alive their hopes of reaching the European Champions Cup with a 40-27 win over the Blues in the opening game on Judgement Day IV.
Judgment Day IV had broken every attendance record in the history of Welsh domestic rugby before a ball had been kicked at Principality Stadium today and Welsh Rugby Union chairman Gareth Davies had two things to say to the 68,262 supporters who turned up to show their allegiance to their national sport - 'thank you' and 'please come back soon'.