A sell out event saw Brian Thomas entertain with a question and answer session during Neath's Player Awards night but the highlight of the event was the award winners collecting their trophies.
The winners were:
• Clubman of the Year - Mark Jones aka Brian the Bull award sponsored by Paul Cole Butchers.
• Most Improved Player of the Year - Ashleigh James award sponsored by Replay Fashion Sport
• Players Player of the Year - Nicky Downs award sponsored by RKL Plywood
• Supporters Player of the Year - Kevin Farrell award sponsored by Cash Generator Neath/Swansea
• Player of the Year - Euros Evans award sponsored by Low Cost Vans
After announcing their new coaching set-up last week Neath Rugby are now looking forward to counting down to the 2009/10 season, season tickets are on sale now and the final squad list is expected to be announced shortly.
The WRU's Women and Girls legacy events - #TRY OUR GAME have proved popular this week with current players and newcomers to the game learning new skills and picking up tips from national squad players.
We caught up with Shona and Ellie from the Wales women team ahead of the start of the Women's Rugby World Cup in Paris next month at a recent women's training session to encourage and promote more women and girls to try their hand at rugby. #tryourgame
The Women's Rugby World Cup warm-up clash between Wales and USA proved bittersweet for centre Elen Evans. Despite being one of the star performers on the day on her 50th Test appearance, USA edged home 10-7 at Cross Keys.
Wales completed their Junior World Championship campaign with a victory over Samoa. Team manager Mark Taylor and No 8 James Benjamin reflect on a tournament which saw Wales win three games and lose two.
Wales U20 players Angus O'Brien, Nicky Thomas and coach Richard Hodges are determined to finish their Junior World Championship with a flourish when they tackle the big hitting Samoans tomorrow in Auckland.