A sell out event saw Brian Thomas entertain with a question and answer session during Neath's Player Awards night but the highlight of the event was the award winners collecting their trophies.
The winners were:
• Clubman of the Year - Mark Jones aka Brian the Bull award sponsored by Paul Cole Butchers.
• Most Improved Player of the Year - Ashleigh James award sponsored by Replay Fashion Sport
• Players Player of the Year - Nicky Downs award sponsored by RKL Plywood
• Supporters Player of the Year - Kevin Farrell award sponsored by Cash Generator Neath/Swansea
• Player of the Year - Euros Evans award sponsored by Low Cost Vans
After announcing their new coaching set-up last week Neath Rugby are now looking forward to counting down to the 2009/10 season, season tickets are on sale now and the final squad list is expected to be announced shortly.
As the countdown continues for RWC2015, Tournament Chief Executive Debbie Jevans visited the Millennium Stadium to discuss preparations for the eight matches and reveal the positive news that 100,000 tickets for games at the home of Welsh rugby have sold in the last seven days.
Jason Harries is targeting a first win on the World Series circuit this season with Wales. The series returns to action this weekend in Dubai where Harries is part of a team hoping to build from its efforts in round one in October.
Wales skipper Jevon Groves says his side have addressed a few points from Gold Coast and aim to 'hit the ground running' in the next two rounds of the World Series, kicking off with this weekend in Dubai before heading off to South Africa next week.
Wales Sevens manager Steff Thomas is hopeful his side can build from a quarter-final spot in the opening round of the World Series in Australia when his side take part in the forthcoming double header in Dubai and South Africa.