A sell out event saw Brian Thomas entertain with a question and answer session during Neath's Player Awards night but the highlight of the event was the award winners collecting their trophies.
The winners were:
• Clubman of the Year - Mark Jones aka Brian the Bull award sponsored by Paul Cole Butchers.
• Most Improved Player of the Year - Ashleigh James award sponsored by Replay Fashion Sport
• Players Player of the Year - Nicky Downs award sponsored by RKL Plywood
• Supporters Player of the Year - Kevin Farrell award sponsored by Cash Generator Neath/Swansea
• Player of the Year - Euros Evans award sponsored by Low Cost Vans
After announcing their new coaching set-up last week Neath Rugby are now looking forward to counting down to the 2009/10 season, season tickets are on sale now and the final squad list is expected to be announced shortly.
The WRU has teamed up with Crawshay's to tour Georgia in June. The side, which will be called the Crawshays WRU President's XV, will play Emerging Georgia twice, in a tour which supports the Welsh Government's efforts to grow relations between the two countries.
Wales Sevens are looking to re-group after a disappointing tournament last time out in South Africa. The next double leg in New Zealand and Las Vegas offers Gareth Williams a chance to redeem themselves.
Wales Women's head coach Rhys Edwards was at Llandovery to see the conclusion of an entertaining Women's Regional championship where any one of three teams were in contention for title glory on the last day of action.