A sell out event saw Brian Thomas entertain with a question and answer session during Neath's Player Awards night but the highlight of the event was the award winners collecting their trophies.
The winners were:
• Clubman of the Year - Mark Jones aka Brian the Bull award sponsored by Paul Cole Butchers.
• Most Improved Player of the Year - Ashleigh James award sponsored by Replay Fashion Sport
• Players Player of the Year - Nicky Downs award sponsored by RKL Plywood
• Supporters Player of the Year - Kevin Farrell award sponsored by Cash Generator Neath/Swansea
• Player of the Year - Euros Evans award sponsored by Low Cost Vans
After announcing their new coaching set-up last week Neath Rugby are now looking forward to counting down to the 2009/10 season, season tickets are on sale now and the final squad list is expected to be announced shortly.
Nearly 40 players were involved in the first Wales Under 18 training session of the season. WRU National Performance Manager Gethin Watts is excited at the potential shown by the group and expects the Regional Under 18 Championship to hone their skills even further.
The WRU officially unveiled the new pitch today in time for Wales to take on Australia in the first of the Dove Men Series autumn international matches this Saturday. Head Groundsman Lee Evans and colleague Craig Campbell reflect on the 15-week project and look ahead to a pitch perfect future at Millennium Stadium.