George North has urged Wales to build on their RBS 6 Nations glory this summer- starting with the Millennium Stadium clash against the Barbarians on June 2.
Wales meet the famous invitational team before departing on a three-Test of Australia.
The Dragons crashed to a shock 31-28 loss to the Baa-Baas in a thrilling encounter last season, with Isa Nacewa snatching the victory with a last-minute try.
And North admits the latest showdown will be key preparation for the tour as Wales bid to build on their recent success.
"That game was a real eye-opener for us about where we needed to be leading into the World Cup," said North. "The two Poland trips helped us on that front and since then it's all been pretty good.
"It's a really important game coming up for us against the Baa-Baas. It's one you want to put your hand up for ahead of what's going to be a great tour with the big three Tests against the Wallabies.
"We have proved ourselves here as Six Nations champions. We want to try and push ourselves against the best in the world and Australia are one of those teams.
"We have been guilty in the past of slowing down after a Grand Slam, but the boys we have got here now are really keen to push on and achieve more.
"They are a hard team whenever you play them, but to go down there and have three Tests against a strong Australia side it's going to be a tough tour for the boys.
"But that's where we need to be, to push ourselves just to see where we are as a team and a squad. With the quality we have, we can achieve more and cause more upsets in world rugby."
Wales will travel 'Down Under' without head coach Warren Gatland, who fractured both of his heels in a fall at his Waihi Beach holiday home earlier this month.
Rob Howley has been appointed as caretaker coach and will lead Wales into the date with the Barbarians and the series against.
North admits it will be strange without Gatland but he is confident Wales have the quality to maintain their red-hot form.
"It will be a bit weird not having Gats there, but I think we will cope," said the 20-year-old Scarlets star. It's obviously bad news and hopefully he will make a speedy recovery.
"It will affect the squad with the head coach being out. But with the quality of players we have got now and the quality of the coaching staff, we will cope. I'm sure Howley is going to do a good job, as the whole coaching staff will."
As the countdown continues for RWC2015, Tournament Chief Executive Debbie Jevans visited the Millennium Stadium to discuss preparations for the eight matches and reveal the positive news that 100,000 tickets for games at the home of Welsh rugby have sold in the last seven days.
Jason Harries is targeting a first win on the World Series circuit this season with Wales. The series returns to action this weekend in Dubai where Harries is part of a team hoping to build from its efforts in round one in October.
Wales skipper Jevon Groves says his side have addressed a few points from Gold Coast and aim to 'hit the ground running' in the next two rounds of the World Series, kicking off with this weekend in Dubai before heading off to South Africa next week.
Wales Sevens manager Steff Thomas is hopeful his side can build from a quarter-final spot in the opening round of the World Series in Australia when his side take part in the forthcoming double header in Dubai and South Africa.