During 06/07 we will continue with the three regions, North, East and West Wales with competitions running in and across the regions. With ongoing club development a five region structure will be in place for 07/08 following the WRU structure of Dragons, Blues, Ospreys, Scarlets & Gogledd regions.
1. Each regional officer will be funded to organise junior competitions on a regional basis according to the needs, requirements and number of junior teams within the region.
2. The inter-regional competition will also be coordinated by the regional competition officers.
1. To set up an appropriate competition structure within the region in conjunction with the WWRU Community Rugby Manager.
2. To ensure teams are able to fulfil their fixtures.
3. To increase numbers of fixtures taking place within their region.
Flexible time commitment ensuring competitions run smoothly including weekend work of approximately 5 hours a week during the rugby season.
Each competition officer will receive an honorarium of £1000 a year. In addition, reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
Recruitment for each officer will be carried out on an annual basis with a formal interview procedure in place. Consultancy Agreements will also be signed annually.
Place of work:
Working from home, within the competition region:
East - Dragons & Blues
West - Scarlets & Ospreys
North - Gogledd
WWRU Community Rugby Manager.
Own transport essential
1. Understanding of girls' rugby in Wales
2. Experience of organising sports competitions/tournaments
3. Good organisational skills
4. Good communication skills
5. Minimum UKCC Level 1 Rugby Coaching Award
UKCC Coaching courses.
One reference required.
Applications in writing to:
WWRU Community Rugby Manager
101 St Mary Street
Tel: 02920 822310
Mob: 07725 828697
Closing date for applications:
31st May 06