* 13 of the tour party played a part in the 2005 Welsh Grand Slam.
* Wales have 10 players unavailable through commitments to the British & Irish Lions tour to New Zealand.
* There are seven uncapped players in the tour party - Richie Pugh, Tal Selley, Chris Czekaj, Matthew Jones, Rhys Thomas, Matthew Rees, Ben Broster.
* Iestyn Thomas, Steve Jones, Sonny Parker, Richard Parks, Andy Lloyd, Jamie Robinson, Hal Luscombe and Robin McBryde were all considered for the tour but are unavailable through injury.
* Mark Taylor has a 100% record as Welsh captain having led his country to victories over Samoa and the USA at the Millennium Stadium in November, 2000. Wales beat the Samoans 50-6 and the Eagles 42-11. Taylor, who became the 114th Welsh captain, scored tries in both games
* Mark Taylor will become the 15th Welsh player to reach 50 caps if he plays in the Test against the USA.
* The game against the USA will be Wales' 551st international.
* Ben Broster came on as a replacement for Wales Under 21 A against England at Newbury in December, 2002. Another replacement forward that day was John Yapp, Rhys Thomas and Robin Sowden-Taylor both started the game. Gavin Henson was a replacement wing.
* Chris Czekaj and Matthew Jones played in the Wales Under 21 Grand Slam side this season.
* Wales have played six Tests against the USA, winning on each occasion. This will be the third game between the two teams in America. Wales were 30-20 winners in Wilmington in 1997 and 28-23 victors in San Francisco later on the same tour.
* Wales B toured USA in 1980 under Steve Fenwick and won the unofficial international 24-18. The first Test between the two countries was in Cardiff in 1987, when Wales ran out 46-0 winners.
* Wales have met Canada eight times, winning seven and losing one. There have also been games between a Wales Under 21 team and Canada in Cardiff in 1962, which Wales won 8-0, between a Wales XV and Canada in Cardiff in 1971 (56-10) and Toronto in 1973 (58-20) and between Wales B and Canada in 1980 (24-7) and Wales B and Rugby Canada in 1989 (31-29).
* There have been seven capped games between the two nations, Canada striking their only victory in Cardiff in 1993, 26-24. The two teams have met twice in the Rugby World Cup.