Promising youngster Matthew Nuthall is looking forward to Heineken Cup rugby after Sunday's heart-breaking 19-26 loss to England at the Under-21 World Cup in Glasgow.
Winger Nuthall scored two tries to mark his record 22nd game for the Under-21 side, but had a third disallowed as an unlucky Wales were relegated to sixth place in the tournament won by New Zealand.
'We've had an okay tournament, but we were devastated to lose to South Africa 27-26 - that was a game we should have won and it's cost us in the end,' Nuthall said.
The Pontypridd product said farewell to Under-21 rugby on Sunday, having spent the past three seasons in the side. He has scored nine tries in the national colours and played fullback, wing and centre in an impressive stint at this level.
'The highlight has to be the Six Nations Grand Slam last season,' he said. 'After that, we were missing about seven players with the senior squad, which made us a lot weaker, otherwise we could have made a real run at the World Cup after the Slam.
'I've enjoyed the games, but now I'm looking forward to next season with the Blues.'
Nuthall - a member of the defunct Celtic Warriors squad - signed with the Cardiff region last month, and says the move was always on the cards.
'I'd been in talks with Cardiff before everything went wrong at the Warriors,' he said. 'A lot of us were keeping our options open in case everything went down the pan - which it did.
'I think six of the Warriors guys have gone to Cardiff and I know a few of the boys from the Under-21 squad, so I'm looking forward to it.
'We're in the Heineken Cup next season and I'm just hoping to get a few games - that would be great. It's all a new challenge for me.'
WRU chief executive Martyn Phillips hosted the second meeting of the WRU Youth Board last weekend ahead of the Judgement Day IV regional double-header. Tthe board, made up of 15 under-21-year-olds from around Wales, heard presentations from head of participation Ryan Jones, policy and integrity manager Jeremy Rogers and national women's rugby manager Caroline Spanton, with Pro Rugby Wales CEO Mark Davies also on hand to hear the range of views aired.
Wales duo Rhun Williams and Liam Belcher, who makes a welcome return after five months of injury woe, look ahead to next month's World Rugby U20 Championship in Manchester where they will face Ireland, Georgia and New Zealand.
Whenever Bedlinog tackle Penallta a massive fixure is guaranteed but this Sunday there will be even more emphasis placed on the two rivals when they contest the SSE Swalec Plate final at Principality Stadium.
Ahead of their SSE SWALEC Bowl Final clash with Taffs Well at Principality Stadium on Sunday, Burry Port share their #FABXV nomination with WRUTV in the search for Welsh rugby's greatest volunteers. Everyone can get involved by sending nominations via twitter to @WRU_Community using the hashtag #FABXV
Cardiff Blues prop Gethin Jenkins and Ospreys centre Ben John look ahead to the first game at Principality Stadium in Saturday's double header which is promising to be a special occasion for all Welsh fans.
Carmarthen Quins Director of Rugby Ian Jones and committee member Jeff Thomas along with Llandovery chairman Handel Davies look ahead to Sunday's SSE SWALEC Cup showdown where both teams are out to prove 'West is best'
SWALEC ambassador Shane WIlliams is looking forward to Sunday's Finals Day where the Cup, Bowl and Plate offers a great opportunity for players and teams to experience the magic of playing at Principality Stadium
Carmarthen Quins coach Richard Kelly believes it is an exciting time to be part of the Scarlets region as his side take on local rivals Llandovery in the SSE Swalec Cup final on Sunday, as WRU TV's Graeme Gillespie discovers