The Welsh Rugby Union ("WRU") condemns doping in rugby and is committed to the fight against doping in sport. It is completely against the integrity of the sport of rugby football.
The WRU Anti-Doping Rules are the UK Anti-Doping Rules and are compliant with World Rugby Regulation 21 (Anti-Doping), and the World Anti-Doping Code.
There is no room in the New Code for carelessness or not knowing, and all players are encouraged to check the prohibited lists which include over-the-shelf medication and supplements.
The WRU recognises the importance of testing, both in-competition or out of competition, which protects the integrity of the sport and provides a deterrent against the temptation to dope.
The WRU also recognises the importance of education to establish an environment which influences doping free behaviour amongst players and support staff and minimises the risk of inadvertent doping.
The WRU -
- appointed UK Sport as its National Anti-Doping Organisation, UK Anti-Doping is the successor to UK Sport.
- Are obliged by World Rugby to make Anti-Doping regulations
- Is a member of and subject to the anti-doping jurisdiction if the World Rugby (Regulation 21)
- Anti-Doping Rules are the UK Anti-Doping Rules published by UKAD
- Anti-Doping rules comply with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code and test for substances on the WADA Prohibited List
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ANTI DOPING VIDEO